LEE Filters 100mm System Polyester Black and White Set
LEE Filters 100mm System Polyester Black and White Set contains four filters, each of which has a different effect on the tones in a black & white image by absorbing different quantities of colour in the blue and blue-green parts of the spectrum.
This Set Contains:
- 1x LEE Filters 100mm System Polyester 11 Yellowish Green Standard Filter
- Alters the response of panchromatic emulsions to be equivalent to the eye responding to objects under tungsten illumination.
- 1x LEE Filters 100mm System Polyester 21 Orange Standard Filter
- Contrast filter. Absorbs blue and blue/green.
- 1x LEE Filters 100mm System Polyester 23A Light Red Standard Filter
- Contrast filter. Greater contrast effect than No. 21 Orange.
- 1x LEE Filters 100mm System Polyester 8 Yellow Standard Filter
- Darkens sky, cloud and foliage to reproduce correct tones.
These filters are made from a flexible high quality polyester material that is approximately 1mm thick. Each polyester filter in this set is mounted in a frame designed to fit the 100mm System.
Filters are widely used by black & white photographers for creative effect - most commonly to increase contrast between sky and cloud. However, care should be taken, because as much as a black & white filter darkens one colour, it lightens another - specifically, any colour that is similar to its own. A red filter, for example, makes a red pillar box appear almost white, and a blue sky as almost black.However, a red filter also absorbs green, which would block up the foreground of a verdant landscape.
The Black & White filters in the LEE Filters range can be used in conjunction with others, such as the polariser and neutral density standards and graduates.
|Filter Effect||Black and White|
|Filter System||LEE 100mm|