Amsterdam, The Netherlands, December 10, 2009 Nikon Europe today announces a new super telephoto lens to replace the AF-S VR NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED. The AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II features the new generation of Vibration Reduction technology (VR II) and a new A/M focus mode, making it an ideal choice for sports, action and wildlife photographers. This lens is designed for those who are serious about photography.
Zurab Kiknadze, Product Manager Lenses, Accessories & Software, Nikon Europe says: "The AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II comparatively light weight and compact dimensions make it a perfect choice for hand held super telephoto photography, particularly when used with a teleconverter. The new VRII system offers four or more stops of compensation, and makes this a really practical solution for the news and wildlife photographer". The evolution of the NIKKOR lens reflects a commitment to developing a range of products tailored to photographersâ€™ needs, and it strengthens the line-up of high-performance NIKKOR lenses.
Sharper action images
The AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II features the second generation built in Vibration Reduction (VRII), providing the ability to shoot at shutter speeds up to four stops slower so sharper images can be achieved when using the camera for hand-held shooting. In addition, the new A/M mode added to existing M/A and M modes enables autofocus priority even if the focus ring is being handled during shooting. Weighing in at 2,900g this is a lens that ticks every box for those who are serious about action photography.
Built for any environment This super telephoto lens is designed with the photographer in mind and has the same excellent optical system as its predecessor. Those who need extreme speed and quiet to capture wildlife, can rely on the autofocus with a built-in silent wave motor to ensure you wonâ€™t disrupt the action. To top off the extensive features,, this lens is also sealed to withstand the affects of dust and moisture, allowing photographers to keep shooting whatever the conditions. Finally, the lens construction features eleven elements in eight groups, including three ED glass elements and Nano Crystal Coat
- Focal length: 300mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Lens construction: 11 elements in 8 groups (with 3 ED glass elements and Nano Crystal Coat)
- Picture angle: 8Â°10â€™ (5Â°20â€™ with Nikon DX format)
- Closest focusing distance: 2.3 m/7.5 ft. in AF mode; 2.2 m/7.2 ft. in MF mode
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.16x
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded)
- Filter/attachment size: 52mm
- Diameter x length (extension from lens mount): Approximately 124 x 267.5 mm/4.9 x 10.5 in.
- Weight: Approximately 2,900 g/6.4 lb.
- Supplied accessories: Slip-on Front Lens Cap, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Lens Hood HK-30, Semi-soft Case CL-L1, Dedicated filter holder, 52mm Screw-on NC Filter, Strap LN-1
|Lens Coverage||Full Frame / 35mm|
|Lens Focus Mechanism||AF|
|Lens Image Stabilization||Yes|
|Adaptor Ring / Lens Filter Thread||N/A|