The world’s first ultra-wide angle zoom lens with VR for FX-format cameras, this new lens offers an affordable and practical proposition for general photography with FX-format cameras such as the D700. Perfect for all types of wide angle shooting, it addresses market feedback for a more affordable alternative to the professional AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED or more recent AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED ultra-wide-angle lens.
The new lens’ complex optical design features Nikon’s exclusive anti-reflection Nano Crystal coat, two ED glass elements and no less than three aspherical glass elements to minimize distortion and aberration, even at maximum aperture. The AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR balances well with more compact FX format cameras such as the D700 and is consequently built to withstand the demands of everyday shooting.
- Ultra- wide-angle zoom lens with constant f/4 aperture.
- 16-35mm zoom range (DX equivalent: 24-52mm).
- Vibration Reduction II (VR II) stabilization system. Lets you use shutter speeds that are up to 4 stops slower.
- Exceptionally high optical performance.
- Nano Crystal coat reduces ghost and flare.
- ED (Extra low Dispersion) glass and aspherical lens elements ensure high resolution and superior contrast.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, quiet autofocus.
- Durable magnesium body with rubber mount seal.
- Focal length 16-35mm
- Maximum aperture f/4
- Minimum aperture f/22
- Lens construction 17 elements in 12 groups (with two ED glass elements, three aspherical lenses and Nano Crystal Coat)
- Picture angle 107° - 63° (83° - 44° with Nikon DX format)
- Closest focus distance 0.28 m/0.9 ft. (throughout entire zoom range)
- Maximum reproduction ratio 0.25x
- No. of diaphragm blades 9 (rounded)
- Focusing Autofocus with a built-in SWM and manual focus
- Filter/attachment size 77mm
- Diameter x length (extension from the camera’s lens-mounting flange) Approx. 82.5 × 125 mm/3.2 x 4.9 in.
- Weight Approx. 685 g/1.5 lb.
- Supplied accessories 77mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Bayonet Hood HB-23, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1120
|Lens Coverage||Full Frame / 35mm|
|Lens Focus Mechanism||AF|
|Lens Image Stabilization||No|
|Adaptor Ring / Lens Filter Thread||77mm|